This project is read-only.

IDE Template Error

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Hello,

I have downloaded the x86 version of Elysium for the .NET 4.5 Framework. When I add the file Elysium.dll as a reference, then add the controls to the Toolbox through the "Choose Items..." button, the controls show up. However, when I try to drag one of those controls onto the window, I get the following error, each time, any control:

"A reference to "Elysium, Version 2.0.1042., Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=afa220db249e5b15" has been added to the project. In order to use types from the new reference, press OK to restart the XAML Designer. After the XAML Designer restarts, re-create the control on the artboard."

Even when I press okay, close and re-open the tab, close and re-open the project, anything, the error persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  • Jake M.
Aug 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM
If it helps, this only happens with the ZIP version I used. The .msi worked fine.
Sep 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Hello! I have Windows 8 64-bit, Visual Studio 2012 Update 3.
I can't reproduce your problem. On my computer Toolbox with Elysium controls works fine.
Sep 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
This only seemed to happen with the .zip download. When I actually tried the .msi version with any previous installations of Elysium, it worked fine.
Sep 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I used files from zip SDK. My steps:
  • Create new WPF apps
  • Add Elysium.dll assembly to toolbox
  • Drag&drop control to XAML designer
All works fine.
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM
This is exactly what I did. I am using Visual Studio Express 2012, on Windows 8 64-bit. But the problem was resolved and I am unable to replicate it anymore, everything seemed to work after the .msi. Even after uninstalling the .msi and just using the zip, it started working. Based on what I've said, it's hard to pinpoint the problem, but the only time I've ran into it is using the zip file on a computer that has never had Elysium before.