This project is read-only.

Using Elysium controls without using Elysium.Controls.Window

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I'm looking to use the Metro styled components of Elysium, but my target audience is working on Windows 7 and I want to offer them the the standard application window.

However, some Elysium components seem to be dependent on the Elysium version of Window, but not all.

If I use the code below:
        <Button Content="Button" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="381,218,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="75"/>
        <metro:ProgressBar HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="10" Margin="210,142,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="100"/>
        <ProgressBar HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="10" Margin="210,184,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="100"/>
As a child of metro:Window, I get a metro styled Button, then a metro styled ProgressBar, then a normal styled ProgressBar.

If I add the same controls to a non-metro Window, I get a normal styled Button, and then (just as above) a metro styled ProgressBar and a normal styled ProgressBar.
metro:Button is not a valid control.

What I'd like is to be able to use controls with their metro style versions in a non-metro Window, just as I am able to do with the ProgressBar. E.g. metro:Button, metro:TextBox etc.

Is there any way that this is possible?
Oct 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Could you be a bit more specific? Because I have read those docs and it all seems to assume that I'm using Elysium.Controls.Window.
But my question was exactly how to not use the Elysium window and still be able to use the components.
Oct 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Edited Oct 31, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I'm about this topic. metro:Window used in documentation only as example. You can use System.Windows.Window safely.
metro:ProgressBar must replace ProgressBar because we can't apply animation for busy state to normal ProgressBar control. For other controls Metro theme applied via Manager class.