I want to submit a large contribution to the project!

Developer
Feb 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to get into contact with someone at Elysium. I have a very large contribution to make to Elysium. Lots of styles and controls to fill gaps which are missing.

I managed to get in contact with asvishnyakov_at_hotmail_com a few weeks ago but we were not ready to submit our code as we had to get permission to open source it, remove some stuff and clean it up. I want to make the drop and talk to someone from the project. I sent our code to asvishnyakov last week but have not heard back from him.

Thanks,

Rehan
Developer
Feb 20, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I have submitted the code into a seperate project, which can be found at:

https://elysiumextra.codeplex.com/
Feb 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I just wanted to add my opinion. I checked out your extension project and it's really impressing.

I really hope it gets merged into the official Elysium package, as I like to minimize the number of dependencies in my project.
Developer
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM
I hope so too. I created a separate project for now, as I think getting as much feedback as early as possible is important. I've still not heard back from the developer of Elysium. I suspect he may be on holiday or something as I did manage to speak via email in the past.

Furthermore, its a LOT of code. I suspect it may take some time to merge. Hopefully, some of the changes suggested in the show case test project can be implemented before that and then individual styles and controls merged slowly one at a time.
Feb 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I too hope that your additions will be merged soon. Thanks for the work!
Developer
Mar 1, 2014 at 6:54 AM
I hope so too. We are still making improvements. Will check in soon with support for Window glow effects and further example application improvements.

Rehan Saeed

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Hello!

I'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
Currently project development temporarily paused due to processes of project restructuring and management changes. I'll get to develop in the near future (max two-three weeks).

@rehansaeed, I accepted your join project request, but please, refrain from changes of Elysium source code. I'll contact you as soon proceed to work. Just keep in mind that Elysium is a universal framework, and our goals, objectives and look at the project may not coincide. I will publish a roadmap as soon as possible.

Once again I'm sorry.
Best regards,

Alex.
Developer
Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Thats great news Alex.

I hadn't planned on making any changes to Elysium as I can see from downloading the code you are in the middle of some fairly major refactoring. I'm not sure how much time I can devote to the project but I'll definately pitch in where I can.

I understand that. The code we wrote (Now housed in Elysium Extra) was used and applied in a real life project. Not everything may be useful to the average consumer of the Elysium SDK. However, I have found that often, there are a lot of glaring holes in WPF, where there are features or controls which you would think would be pretty obvious but for one reason or another were omitted by the Microsoft developers.

I'm not sure how you'll want to begin but a good starting point might be to bring accross styles for standard WPF controls such as the Separator, GridSplitter, Expander, Calendar, DatePicker, TreeView and DataGrid.

I've made modifications to Elysium styles in some cases, mostly these are very minor (Changing font size of ComboBox and TextBox so they are the same size) but there are cases where significant extra functionality has been added (Adding validation templates to TextBox and ComboBox for example). So if you could review these changes, that would be good.

Finally, there are fair number of brand new controls. These can be left until the end. There are some controls like the ElasticPicker which I think are pretty cool though and deserve to live on, if not part of Elysium then another project.

I look forward to your comments when you're back in a couple of weeks.