This project is read-only.

Tab Item Header not working with binding

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Hi,

I'm using Elysium with Caliburn Micro (although I've had this problem without it in the past),

Essentially I populate the ItemsSource on a tab control with some items, set up an item template to render the content of the tab.

I did a bit of digging and found a suggestion that this might help:
<TabControl x:Name="Items" TabStripPlacement="Bottom">
            <TabControl.Resources>
                <Style TargetType="{x:Type TabItem}" BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Type TabItem}}">
                    <Setter Property="Header" Value="TESTING!!"/>
                </Style>
            </TabControl.Resources>
        </TabControl>
But so far all this does is remove the existing style on the tab header, and the header is just an empty box.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Jun 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
SOLVED IT!

It's not immediately clear, the docs don't include anything specifically about this (would be helpful), it'd also be quite useful if the Nuget package automatically did this too...
<Application.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary>
            <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                <ResourceDictionary Source="/Elysium;component/Themes/Generic.xaml"/>
Chuck in a resource dictionary pointing to that themes file and the solution I stated earlier works, seems like a slightly odd quirk of WPF given the theme gets applied even without merging it in, oh well, let people learn from this!

But in all seriousness, it would be super useful if the Nuget package made this modification itself.
Jun 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM
See Known issues and limitations topic in documentation, section Control elements.
Marked as answer by afsherman on 10/7/2013 at 6:34 PM